Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mission

Why is it that sending someone that is so close to you on a mission is so hard?  I have a lot of feelings tonight and I just needed to let out a few emotions.  My brother Alex was set apart as an Elder tonight, he reports to the MTC tomorrow at 1:30 P.M.  I have done really well until tonight, I haven't cried or felt sad only happiness and excitement for him.  Tonight was the realization of the 2 year.  Tyler will not get to see him tomorrow before he leaves so tonight was GOODBYE for 2 years for the two of them...while watching Tyler hug and wish him luck reality hit...HARD.  Two years is such a long time, Hayden will be 2 1/2 by the time Elder Alex Ward gets home and we will more than likely have another little one roaming our home.  I do not want to say goodbye for two years, I want to say goodnight I will see you tomorrow I love you.  Yesterday my sister told her little boy Lincoln that by the time uncle Al gets home he will be 5 years old.  So today he says to his mom, "mommy am I 5 today so that Al will come home...  He an Al are the best of friends.  Lincoln I wish you were 5 today so that Al would be coming home instead of leaving.  Well tonight I can say Goodnight Al I love you and I will see you tomorrow, although this is the last time that I will be able to say that for two years.  You are going to make an amazing missionary and I am so proud of you.  You are a wonderful example to me.  I love you so much and am so excited for you.  I will try to be happy and not shed anymore tears of sadness, only happy tears!  I love you  - Love Megan

3 comments:

Business Physician said...

megan this made me so emotional, took me back to saying goodbye to my brother. It is so hard. I still cry about it! He hasn't met Claire yet, he gets back in feb. The only thing that helps me is knowing we get an email once a week and that I get to read about him for a couple of minutes and through email/ phone you get to hear of their spiritual progression. tough stuff though! you are just a good and loving sister! oh and it goes by quick! :)

Hebdon Family said...

I can't believe Al is leaving on his mission! I think I still have this mental picture in my mind where we're still in high school and he's in jr high and I can't wrap my head around how much things change in such a short amount of time. He'll do great-tell him good luck from me!

Unknown said...

Lots of Blessing come to those families who have missionaries! Just keep smiling :)