Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 12, 2010

Dilema

Alright so we kind of have a little Dilema... Tyler and I finally agreed on a name about 2 weeks ago and I found out that, that exact name is what a girl I work with is going to be naming her little boy.  What do I do?  I don't want her to think that we are stealing her name, but at the same time tyler and I had discussed the name about a week or so prior to when she told me that was the name she has always wanted for her little boy.  Tyler hasn't been this excited about a name since the last name he loved (we didn't agree on it).  What should I do?  Do we name him that certain name anyway or should we try to find another one?  Tyler seems to think that it is not a big deal since we are having the baby first, and our boys more than likely won't ever play but i dunno what to do ahhhh help me. 

8 comments:

Samantha said...

My aunt and my cousin were pregnant with their first boys at the same time. My cousin had always wanted to name her boy Carter after our grandpa but my aunt also wanted to name her little boy Carter after him because of what he had done for them. They both ended up naming him Carter and they never really see each other so it doesn't matter. And thats with pretty close family. I don't think it should be a big deal if thats the name you really want.

Turners said...

I honestly think you should name your baby whatever name you love. I wouldn't ever be offended if someone wanted to use the same name i loved...after all, he's your child forever. That's just my opinion, although I know some people get funny about others "stealing" their names. But I don't think it matters at all!

Erica said...

I agree with what the others have said. If you have a name already and you know that is what you want to name him, then do it. If she gets offended than that is her problem. Plus, you may never see her again. :) (you may even change your mind about the name when you see him. Who knows?!)

Angie said...

Your little boy will have this name for the rest of his life, well, forever really, so who cares what your friend is naming her baby! You won't be hanging out with your friend throughout your baby's whole life. I think you should name him whatever you like best! And it's so hard to agree on names with both spouses, if you find one you agree on, you have to use it! :)

Nicole Fryer said...

It really is no big deal. You should name him what you want. You probably won't have much contact with the other person anyway.

Liz & Zac said...

Name your baby what you want to name him. You are your own family and who cares anyway! If they are offended then that is their problem. Just my opinion. I know sisters who named their girls the same thing and they were born in the same year and they said it doesn't bother them and they are FAMILY!

Laurel said...

Just name your baby whatever you want. You're not always going to work with that girl!

Anonymous said...

If you both love it go with it! :) It's that simple.